Terms And Conditions
Film Installation Terms & Conditions
We’re very grateful that you have entrusted us with your vehicle.
Please take a moment to read this. We feel very strongly about ensuring that our customers’ expectations are set prior to bringing their vehicle in for services.
- Drying Time
- Your vehicle’s new window film will take 3 to 5 days to dry, sometimes longer depending on weather conditions. Keep your vehicle windows up for 3 to 5 days. Because the film is applied wet, you may see haziness, blurriness, small bubbles or a “rainbow effect” in the film for approximately 2 to 3 weeks. For thicker ceramic films, it may take up to 3 or 4 weeks. This is completely normal.
- Cleaning Your Tint
- NO Ammonia! Do not wash the inside of your vehicle’s windows with any ammonia based products. Ammonia can break down the film adhesive and damage your film. Do not use abrasive scrubbing pads or wipes on your windows as it can scratch the film. When cleaning, use a soft towel or cloth, or clean synthetic sponge. Use common cleaning solutions such as warm water and mild detergent. DO NOT WASH INSIDE OF WINDOWS FOR AT LEAST THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER INSTALLATION OF WINDOW FILM. NO AMMONIA BASED PRODUCTS! We recommend this Amonia Free Window Cleaner
- Optical Clarity
- During the window film drying process, you may notice changes in the optical clarity. A cloudy appearance may occur, if this does occur; it is normal and will go away. After the moisture dries, the hazy appearance will disappear as the film bonds to the glass. It is important to note that drying times are dramatically affected by climate and may take up to four weeks for windows that do not receive direct sunlight.
- Please bring the vehicle in clean condition with interior belongings removed as much as possible. This will help our installers provide a clean installation. We will clean after ourselves as well as possible. Please expect some streaks on the exterior of the vehicle. Without completely washing the exterior of the vehicle after the installation, we are likely to induce swirls into your paint. For this reason, exteriors typically aren’t wiped down after installation.
- Though we strive for perfection in our installations, due to the nature of the product, some degree of dust contamination and or minor
imperfections are present in almost every window film application. Also, pre-existing flaws such as scratches, water spotting, and rock chips on the glass can become more noticeable after tint is installed.
Paint Protection Film Terms & Conditions
Paint protection film (PPF) is an 8mil film designed to protect your vehicle’s paint from paint chips, scratches and swirl marks. It is applied to the
exterior of your vehicle’s paint. It is warrantied for 10-12 years from yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering and delamination. There is no warranty if film or protected panels are damaged in an accident or from debris. However, it is likely that your insurance will cover reapplication of PPF after panels are repaired.
- Drying Time
- Your new paint protection film will take 3-4 weeks to fully cure depending on weather conditions. Do not wash your vehicle for 5 days. Expect for the vehicle to go home with some small bubbles. This is normal, please leave them alone.
Vehicles should be returned for inspection within 1-3 weeks. During this inspection, any residual bubbles or lifting edges will be addressed.
- Condition of Vehicle for Paint Protection Film Installation
- Vehicle cannot have any paint protection coatings on it such as ceramic coatings. These can affect the effectiveness of the adhesion and may cause lifting, bubbles and other issues. If a vehicle has a ceramic coating previously installed, please let us know so that we can perform additional steps to remove the ceramic coating. Client is aware that the design of the PPF is for OEM factory paint. The client waives and releases Pure Precision Custom Detailing, LLC from any warranty or damage claims where a product has been applied to a non-OEM paint surface.
- Paint Quality
- Paint may lift on repainted panel/OEM paint if improperly prepped during the paint process. By authorizing Pure Precision Custom Detailing, LLC to proceed with the PPF installation, the client hereby acknowledges the risk and waives any claims against Pure Precision Custom Detailing, LLC and agrees that Pure Precision Custom Detailing, LLC will not be liable in the event that damage does occur during the installation process due to paint imperfections.
- Paint Chips
- PPF is to prevent your vehicle from future paint chip damage. There is always a possibility that rocks or road debris can penetrate the PPF. PPF installation over paint chips will look like contamination after the install due to the unevenness of the paint surface. Touch up paint can be applied to small paint chips. However, it will be left up to the discretion of your installer. Application of touch up paint can effect installation and aesthetics after installation. We do not recommend that customers install touch up paint prior to installation of PPF.
- PPF kits are computer cut using cutting software to fit each panel on your vehicle.. Pre-cut kits frequently involve stopping short of edges, edges around badges, washers, and other parts. The customer understands that PPF is a sacrificial layer of your car, not a completely invisible or matte layer.
6.Expose Edges and Seams
- Although we modify our patterns to wrap the majority of edges, some cannot be wrapped due to limitations of PPF. Opting for a custom/ tailored fit installation can significantly minimize the amount of exposed edges and seems. There will be a 15-20% upcharge for custom/tailored fit installations. Debris build up over time on exposed edges/seams will be more visible
on white/light colored vehicles. Installations on partial panels will have more noticeable debris due to exposed edges. There is no warranty or reapplication of film due to debris build up.
- Headlights are not recommended for PPF installation due to HID features and exterior coating. By authorizing Pure Precision Custom Detailing, LLC to
proceed with headlight film installation, the customer hereby acknowledges the risk, waives any claims against Pure Precision Custom Detailing, LLC, and agrees that Pure Precision Custom Detailing, LLC will not be liable.
- Film, Badge, & Decal Removal
- Film, badge, and decal removal may cause the paint, glass, and defroster to be damaged. By authorizing Pure Precision Custom Detailing, LLC to proceed
with removal, the client hereby acknowledges the risk, waives any claims against Pure Precision Custom Detailing, LLC, and agrees that Pure Precision Custom Detailing, LLC, will not be liable in the event that damage does occur during the removal process.
- Though we strive for perfection in our installations, due to the nature of the product, some degree of dust contamination and or minor imperfections are present in every PPF application. Also pre-existing flaws, scratches, and rock chips on the paint can be more noticeable after the PPF is installed. However, PPF is capable of covering minor defects such as swirl and water spotting. Paint Protective Film will have minor imperfections like orange peel. Used and older vehicles will likely have more imperfections due to age.
Ceramic Coating Terms & Conditions
We would like to perform a complimentary inspection on your vehicle 2-3 weeks after the installation of a ceramic coating. If your vehicle is brought in for an inspection after these 2-3 weeks, please understand that there will be a charge for labor for this inspection.
Your new ceramic coating will take 2-4 weeks to fully cure depending on weather conditions. During this curing period, be sure to avoid the following:
- Exposure to water and rain. The ceramic coating needs time to cure. Exposure to rain, sprinklers, and water (including foggy conditions) may impact the coating’s durability. It also can lead to water spotting on the coating.
- Do NOT wash a vehicle for at least two-weeks after receiving delivery of your ceramic coated vehicle.
- Avoid Parking Under Trees: Tree Sap, leaves, and branches can cause etching and scratching on a ceramic coating.
- Avoid allowing bird droppings, bug splatter, sap, pollen to sit on the car for more than a few days. If your vehicle is exposed to these contaminants, use Americana Global Detail Spray, Optimum No Rinse, or a Quick Detailer (NO CERAMIC SPRAYS) to spot clean the area with a clean microfiber towel.
- No washing the vehicle for at least two weeks. If you feel as if your vehicle was exposed to the above situations, please contact your Certified Ceramic Pro Installer for guidance on how to remove contaminants.
- Paint Quality
- Ceramic coatings do not cover defects such as swirl, scratching, water spots. If your vehicle has these defects, we can discuss paint correction to remove them prior to installation of your ceramic coating.
- Repainted surfaces are far more likely to have adverse reactions to paint correction. If there is not enough clear coat installed, we can potentially remove the clear coat. This would require re-clearing the panel. We will give recommendations when necessary to painters that we trust.
- We cannot be held liable for any damage to aftermarket paint or OEM paint that has not properly adhered to the surface of your panels.
- Paint Chips
- Ceramic coatings will not hide paint chips. Oftentimes, rock chips and deeper scratches may appear more obvious after a ceramic coating is installed.
- Ceramic coatings will not prevent rock chips. If you are concerned about future rock chips, let us know and we can discuss paint protection film options
- Water Spots
- If your vehicle has water spots, they will most likely be removed during the paint correction process. However, some water spots can etch too deeply to be safely removed.
- Your new ceramic coating is more prone to water spotting over the first few weeks
- If your vehicle has heavy water spotting, it is very possible that they are permanent and too deep to safely remove. If you have heavy water spots, it is very possible that they will reappear immediately after the ceramic coating is installed. This is called “phantom water spotting.” If this situation arises, expect additional labor to remove the coating, more paint correction, and to reinstall ceramic coating.
- AVOID SPRINKLERS AND PARKING UNDER TREES, THOROUGHLY DRY THE VEHICLE WHEN WASHING, DO NOT WASH IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT!
- Caring for a Ceramic Coating
Ceramic coatings are intended to make it easier to maintain your vehicle and make it possible to have a vehicle that looks like new for years to come. Ceramic coatings should not be a substitute for regularly maintaining your vehicle. The better you treat your ceramic coating, the better it will treat you!
For additional warranty and aftercare instructions, visit ceramicpro.com/aftercare
- Regularly washing your vehicle will increase performance and durability of a ceramic coating. We recommend washing every other week. Usage of the vehicle, seasons and parking conditions could warrant more frequent washing
- We recommend that you use either the two bucket wash method or rinseless washing with products such as Optimum No Rinse.
- Touch-free car washes can be used when necessary but hand washing is a must when possible. If using a touch free car wash, do so in the mornings or evenings.
- Only use clean wash media (wash bucket, sponges, microfiber towels)
- Microfiber towels should be washed with a detergent that does not contain additives or perfumes (All Free & Clear). Do not use fabric softener. Wash and dry towels separate from your other laundry. Wash and dry on cool/ no heat.
- Use a separate bucket for your wheels and tires
- Never wash in direct sunlight
- Wash top to bottom, front to back
- Thoroughly dry the vehicle to avoid water spotting
- Do NOT use abrasive towels or microfiber towels to wipe off debris on a dry or dirty surface.
- Do NOT use any car soaps or shampoos with wax, petroleum distillates, or a pH under 5.0 or above 9.0.